SWENext DesignLab encourages girls to choose a career in engineering. During the half-day program, middle school students work with local SWE members to complete hands-on engineering activities. While the girls are busy having fun and inventing new ideas, parents and educators learn about engineering careers, scholarships, college admission and resources. Participants also see how engineering can directly impact their community through presentations by award winning high school students.
• Middle school students who are or totally new to engineering or looking for a community of girls and women interested in STEM. Registration is open now: https://swenextdesignlabmilwaukee.eventbrite.com
• High school students who are interested in building their engineering resumes and inspiring younger girls in engineering. Applications are open for two high school awards:
◦ SWENext Northrop Grumman High School Community Award - Milwaukee: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/45609-Society-Of-Women-Engineers
◦ SWENext Local Innovator Awards: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/44877-Society-Of-Women-Engineers
• Parents and educators who are looking for ways to support their girls’ interest in engineering. Registration is open now: https://swenextdesignlabmilwaukee.eventbrite.com
Access the event flyer here: https://welocal.swe.org/milwaukee/designlab/register/