Graphic Design/Social Media Internship
Today’s students are the technology experts of tomorrow. By exposing them to hands-on activities, applied-learning experiences and a network of professionals, they will have everything they need to flex their innovative muscles and fuel the most in-demand, high-earning careers out there.
STEM Forward is a Milwaukee nonprofit and leading supporter of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education. Our programs, events and activities inspire local youth to pursue STEM careers and provide a pipeline of talent to businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. We also connect businesses with schools to enhance teachers’ curriculums and introduce students to different types of STEM careers.
Our organization is governed by Board Directors from about 30 leading STEM corporations throughout southeastern Wisconsin, so you’ll get to know a variety of business professionals and recruiters.
We’re looking for a smart, creative intern to assist the Communications Manager with graphic design, social media, digital marketing, content development and public relations. The position is part-time, about 10-12 hours a week, between May 30, 2017 and August 28, 2017.
The intern will play a vital role in helping us raise awareness about our organization, build our reputation, increase the number of donors and supporters, and serve more students.
- Design creative, eye-catching marketing materials for donors and school administrators.
- Create content for and monitor Instagram, Google+, YouTube, and possibly Snapchat.
- Monitor social media conversations and stay up-to-date on digital marketing trends.
- Assist with content creation for website and blogs.
- Assist with media relations efforts by updating media contact lists.
- Assist with school relations by creating and updating contact lists.
- Collaborate in the development of clear and compelling target-focused communications as well as contribute ideas to enhance programs, events and sponsorships.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
Recent grads or college students pursuing a degree in graphic design, digital marketing, communications, public relations or a related field.
This is an unpaid internship. Excellent opportunity to build your resume/portfolio, showing off your graphic design, social media, digital marketing and communications experience while also making a difference and building STEM talent in southeastern Wisconsin.
STEM Forward has several partnerships with businesses and schools, and this is a great way to network, establish valuable connections and take your career to the next level.
How To Apply:
Send a resume (doc or pdf); cover letter outlining your graphic design, social media and/or digital marketing experience; and 1-2 work samples and/or links to Chantel Kuczmarski at email@example.com.